Monday, January 1, 2007

Creation: Baby girl card

Our friends have recently had a baby girl and my husband mentioned that perhaps I could make a card for them. Now, having a baby ourselves (2.5 months old) I said that I wouldn't promise anything and that I didn't have any ideas for one anyway.

It's very important for me to be inspired to begin with otherwise the outcome will be less than satisfying... and then I'd probably scrap the whole thing and have a less than perfect day ;o) Not to mention that it wouldn't be fun to create - and that's just wrong!

Well, while I was up at stupid o'clock feeding our boy (it was about 2am or thereabouts), the idea came to me! I thought I could make a felt flower just like the one on the recent photo album / brag book I had made, and go from there.

So here's the outcome, I'm very proud of it and I'm considering making them to sell on Etsy as well. I'll make a boy version first so there's more than one card to choose from ;o)


Hubby really likes it, what do you think?

3 comments:

Lara said...

I like it! Very cute and definately Etsy worthy.

Love the new blog wallpaper too :)

leslie said...

hey, thanks for visiting my blog! i think the card is absolutely lovely - nice work - and welcome to the blog world. it's a bit hard to get into the habit at first but stick with it, i'd love to see more of your work.

(and to answer your question directly: i work in port melbourne, almost right under the westgate. we are looking to buy in the inner west though so i guess the bridge will become a permanent part of the landscape soon!)

hmc said...

Thanks Lara & Leslie!

The wallpaper design came from a flocked velvet wallpaper in the dining room of The Terminus Hotel (pub) in Abbotsford. I love the design!