Sunday, April 8, 2007

Lost in the 50's

We went to visit Castelmaine & Daylesford over the Easter long weekend and saw some pretty neat-o things.

Castlemaine is known as the "Hot Rod Capital of Australia" and we did see some nice vehicles around town. Unfortunately the "Rod Shop" was closed so we'll have to pop in again another time. There was an awesome antique store there as well. XXXX Antiques have a section dedicated to motor vehicle collectibles called "Automobilia". There are items such as old tins, signs, pedal cars, petrol bowsers...

Daylesford was filled to the brim with day visitors such as ourselves but we managed to check out what we wanted quite easily. There's a store in the main street called "Lost in the 50's" and oh-my, I loved this store. I asked about having my artwork up for sale within it and I'll to contact the owner about that again as he wasn't in.

I bought myself a little badge with cherries on it and a very cool "Valiant" badge - for my passion of Pacers. The Valiant badge was made like a real chrome car badge but a mini version. Will take pics once a charge up the 'ol batteries.

No comments: